This is a compilation of our personal favorite restaurants around the area. Although we keep this list as updated as possible, please call locations to verify hours, openings and closings and to make reservations. Please go to Yelp and Trip Advisor to evaluate reviews from other customers and a complete list of other options in the area.
1. Ocean 302 (Rustic American, farm fresh food. Casual Dining, walking distance)
302 Ocean Avenue, Melbourne Beach, FL 32951. Tel. (321) 802-5728.
A brand new addition to our Melbourne Beach neighborhood. We love sitting at the bar or at the Chef's table for a real culinary experience (advance reservation required). Some of our favorites are the Seafood Risotto, Shorty's Pasta (local's tip: order double pasta) and the brick oven pizzas. Great for large groups.
2. Djon's Steak and Lobster (Fine Dining, pictured below)
522 Ocean Avenue, Melbourne Beach, FL 32951. Tel. (321) 722-2737
One of our favorite restaurants in Melbourne Beach, especially during the cooler months when it is really cozy to sit outside by the fire pit with a glass of wine from their great wine list. The service is always great. The food is fantastic (a favorite: the seafood crepe appetizer). It is also really fun to go for happy hour appetizers and sit inside by the piano. Dress Code: No T-shirts for men. They have a private room upstairs that can hold your event/dinner for up to 30 people. Call for info.
3. Sand on the Beach. (Laid Back Beach Bar and Restaurant, walking distance, pictured below.)
1005 Atlantic Street, Melbourne Beach, 32951. Tel. (321) 327-8951
Very laid back beach bar atmosphere. Some of our favorites: BBQ wings, bang bang shrimp, chicken quesadilla and Peel n' eat Shrimp. We usually walk (8 minutes South of the house) to the bar/restaurant through the beach.
4. Djon’s Village Market (Food Hall, Bar, gourmet deli, fish, meat and Gathering Place, 5 minutes away)
249 Fifth Avenue, Indialantic, FL A unique place to get a curated selection of gourmet groceries and prepared foods. From fresh fish and meats to appetizers and meals. Extensive wine selection and global foods.
5. Sunnyside Café (Breakfast Diner, Walking Distance)
300 Ocean Avenue, Melbourne Beach, FL Tel. (321) 733-5590
For a satisfying and hearty breakfast within walking distance of the property, visit this very popular and busy breakfast and lunch spot loved by locals. Take Atlantic Street for a nice Scenic Walk.
6. Oceanside Pizza (Delivery and Family Restaurant, walking distance)
300 Ocean Ave, Melbourne Beach, FL 32951 · (321) 312-4516
A Casual Pizza place that delivers to the property. Great place for family-style casual dinners. Walking distance via Atlantic Street or the beach.
7. Crush XI (Rustic urban food in a one-of-a kind atmosphere. Fine Dining, pictured below.)
923 E New Haven Ave, Melbourne, FL 32901. Tel (321-312-6067)
Casually hip Rustic-Urban food, quality hand-crafted cocktails, unique specialty wines and craft beers.
8. The Yellow Dog Cafe (Fine Dining with a view)
905 US highway 1, Malabar, FL 32950. Tel. (321-956-3334)
Fancier and upscale restaurant that overlooks the river. Emeril was recently there filming one of his shows. Don’t Miss: The dessert sampler!
9. The Mansion (Restaurant, deli, and curated liquor shop in Downtown Melbourne, pictured below)
1218 E New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32901. Tel. (321) 345-5800
Located in a 1905 Historic House, this restaurant and gathering place is really one of a kind. We love the upper terrace for the view (must be over 21 years for the terrace), good casual food, and endless selection of draft beers. We usually buy prosciutto di Parma, cheeses and bread at the deli downstairs, and shop their endless selection of craft beer and fine wine to take back home.
10. Café Coconut Cove (German Fine Dining with the best sunset views in town)
4210 S Highway A1a, Melbourne Beach, FL 32951 · Tel. (321) 727-3133
The best place in Melbourne to watch a Sunset and savor a dish of German Cuisine.
11. Meg O’Malleys (Irish Pub in Downtown Melbourne, pictured below)
812 E. New Haven Avenue Melbourne, Fl. 32901. Tel. (321) 952-5510
A Fun Restaurant and Irish Pub. Great for casual lunch, Irish Brunch on Sundays and happy hour. Our fave: The 18 Cent Soup!
12. FM Pizza Oven (Wood Oven Pizza and appetizers inside historic bank) 1437 Highland Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32935. Tel. (321) 241-4890
13. Frigates (Waterfront Bar & Grill Restaurant, pictured below)
1120 N Harbor City Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32935. Tel. (321) 306-3800.
14. Ember & Oak (Trendy Steak House with outdoor dining)
712 E. New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32901. Tel. (321) 722-6285.
15. Crydermans Barbecue (Authentic Barbecue Casual place)
401 E. New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32901. Tel. (321) 914-0276.
16. Mangetsu (Family Owned Pan Asian Restaurant in Downtown Melbourne)
841 E. New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, Florida 32901. Tel. (321) 499-4988
Casual Asian Food. Local Favorites are the Korean Bulgogi, Sushi and Lunch specials.
17. Rib City at Grant Station (BBQ ribs in a meticulously restored historic train station)
5390 South US Hwy, Grant, FL 32949. Tel (321) 610-7642.
For fall-off-the-bone juicy ribs paired with really great unique sauces in a rustic and eclectic atmosphere, visit this renovated train station from around 1894 that has been beautifully restored by its new owner. This restaurant is in Grant and it is a fun ½ day trip. Especially if you add a paddle board adventure in neighboring (and also part of the same group) Island Paddle or visit the neighboring Grant Antique Mall. (5900 S Us Highway 1, Grant, FL 32949 · (321) 726-6778).
18. Chart House (Seafood and Steak national Chain with Harbor View)
2250 Front Street, Melbourne, FL 32901. Tel (321) 729-6558
We like their happy hour menu and the extensive salad bar.
19. El Ambia Cubano (Casual Homemade Cuban Food Joint, pictured below)
950 East Melbourne Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32901. Tel (321) 327-8389.
Sip on a Mojito, order a great Cuban Sandwich while enjoying the view of Crane Creek. Our favorite is Wednesday’s Special “Arroz con Pollo”. They have live Cuban bands for dinner during the weekends. Call ahead to find out their schedule.Good To know: Sit outside if you don’t want your clothes to smell like food the rest of the day.
20. Islands Fish Grill (Great Fish with a kick)
111 5th Avenue, Indialantic, FL 32903 Tel. (321) 956-0559
Open only for dinner. If you are in the mood for fish this is definitely the place to go.
The décor hasn’t been updated in a while, but the chef really does know how to prepare fish with a kick.
21. Pane E Vino Italian Restaurant (Casual Italian Food)
1800 W Hibiscus Blvd. Ste 122, Melbourne, FL 32901. Tel. (321) 676-5499
Casual Italian family-style restaurant and deli. Our go-to restaurant when we go to the movie theater next door.
22. Surfinista (healthy casual breakfast/surf joint, pictured below)
2 Wavecrest Ave, Indialantic, FL 32903
Acai bowls, healthy wraps, avocado toasts and great coffee on the Indialantic Boardwalk (a few blocks north of the property. Pictured below).
23. Haru Sushi Bar & Grill (Sushi Restaurant) 1500 N. Highway A1A, Indialantic, FL 32903 Tel (321) 725-6100. HaruSushibar.com. We usually order sushi via Uber Eats.
Fun for the kids and the whole family
24. Backwater (Southern Style Breakfast all day and Lunch joint, pictured below)
1904 Municipal Lane Melbourne, FL, 32901
There are pancake griddles on the tables to make your own pancakes. Pick your batter from Vegan/gluten free to Buttermilk and add Fun toppings like chocolate chip, marshmallows and Nutella. Or order from their lunch menu items like fried green tomato Caprese Sandwich. Locals tip: Try to go during the week. The weekends get very busy.
25. The Burger Place. (Iconic American Burgers and the best fries in town, pictured below)
811 East New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32901. Tel. 321-676-8914
Mouth-watering burgers, with home made buns in a retro-themed diner atmosphere. The best fries in town!
26. Mustard's Last Stand (Hot Dogs, pictured below)
415 E New Haven Ave, Melbourne, FL 32901. (321) 951-3469
An informal and casual unique place for the biggest selection of hot dogs in town. Great for kids, and fun for adults.
27. Del’s Freez (Ice cream shop, pictured below))
402 N Harbor City Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32935. Ph. 321-254-8381. Three Words: Iconic Dessert Institution. No matter what time of the day you drive by or what kind of weather there is, you always see people lining up in this retro roadside ice cream heaven. Soft serve ice cream with any topping or dip you can dream of (toasted coconut dip anyone?). From sprinkles to oh-so fluffy cream. And the cherry on top? Incredibly affordable and generous servings. Great for: A casual dessert stop: Milkshakes, banana splits, great hot dogs and super friendly staff. Cash only. Fun fact: Most patrons to choose to savor their frozen treats standing rather than seating on the side bleachers.
28. Long Doggers (Casual Grub, American Food, Family Restaurant, pictured below)
890 N Miramar Ave, Indialantic, FL 32903. Tel. (321) 725-1115
Wear your flip-flops and relax in this beach-house atmosphere local favorite. Beer on Tap, friendly staff and fast service. Great chicken and tuna poke bowls as well as the classic hot dogs and burgers. Local tip: Wear your “Local Long Doggers” T-shirt on Tuesdays and get a discount. Kids get free ice cream. Call ahead and pickup from their drive-through window.
Fantastic Restaurants a bit further away (but certainly worth the drive)
29. The Fat Snook (Casual Seafood Restaurant) (21 minute drive)
2464 S Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931. Tel (321) 784-1190
Locally sourced fresh seafood in an upscale-casual intimate setting. A+ Service matched only by the quality and presentation of food.
The Usual Chains
Starbucks (3 minutes away from the house)
2 Fifth Avenue, Summit Bldg. Indialantic, FL 32903. Tel 321-722-1365
Beachside coffee shop.
Jersey Mikes Subs (Totally casual Sub Joint)
100 Fifth Avenue, Indialantic, FL 32903. (321) 802-5058.
We go here for takeout subs when we are in a hurry and need to grab a very quick lunch.
310 West New Haven Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32901.
The perfect solution for a lazy Sunday afternoon by the pool or at the bar or watch a game. We use the Domino’s App, but if you want to call, the number is (321) 768-1445.